Almost a year ago, I made this blog:
Geez, I can't believe that blog's close to being a year old. Anyways, I thought I should expand on what I said. Maybe my opinions have changed a bit.
- Adventure - Heh, I'm never gonna live this down, will I? I was but a stupid Sploderian who wasn't very good at making games. Though it was a terrible, terrible game, it did establish the Petit's Adventure franchise and some elements from the game are still a part of the series. Besides, not all debut games can be winners, right? Here's looking at you, DWID and Goomy.
- Petit's Adventure Recoded - I can't say much that I haven't already said. A bit too much derivative of Makever's Jumpie Demo and overall, not too exciting. Don't get me wrong, I consider the game fun myself, but I can't say it represents the best of Petit. Also, the "Turbo" version did little to change the game. I really should have cut down on the remakes.
- Petit's Adventure 2 - Not a stand-out game, but I say it's better than the first game, albeit a bit too similar. Again, the "Turbo" version didn't change that much. Also, yeah, Puffies.
- Petit's Adventure 3 - Heh, so I previously said this was my favorite Petit game. Well, now I realize its flaws. The stages are too short and incomplete. This is something I tried to alleviate with Petit Flashback.
- Petit Shore - Yep, Stage 1 was a complete and utter ripoff of the Tigzon Island demo at the time. Luckily Stage 2 dropped the Tigzon Island similarities. But then we have Stage 3 which was Skyward Powers ripoff. I'm going to be admit, I was not the most original person. Then there was Stage 4, which I thought was cool. I honestly think Shore is equal to Petit 3. Stages 2 and 4 at least.
- Petit Flashback - Ah, the Petit revival. Despite borrowing most of its levels from 3 & Shore, I think it's the best the series has to offer. It's not a perfect game, but I think it's the greatest Petit game, because I actually tried to polish it this time around.
I think Petit Flashback was a good way to ease myself back into Petit. I think Zephyr can be a good game, if I don't repeat my past mistakes. Previously, I said I'd probably make it only if interest in Sploder Series rises again. While we may have been having some tough times, like with Mangamixer quitting Sploder games, I'm gonna make the game and prove that Sploder Series is not a dead trend.